Whether you want to want to work on that neglected manuscript or finish one of the six books on your nightstand, prepare to indulge your senses with this quick and easy recipe for creating the perfect autumn afternoon to soothe your bookwormed soul.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Hours of comfortable productivity
1. Choose your location based on your own sense of comfort. Recliners or loveseats are great choices for an afternoon with a book. If you’re planning on doing some writing, settle into the breakfast bar or on the living room floor.
2. Bookworms in cooler climates should open a window and let the breeze gust through the room. If your hometown doesn’t have much in the way of seasons, try cranking up the AC or a floor fan.
3. Place blanket, socks, and book (or laptop) near your chosen location.*
4. Light the candle somewhere out of reach of the curtains and out of interest of the cat(s).
5. Choose a mug, but don’t be fooled. Not all mugs are alike. Avoid the fancy-handled animal mugs and the delicate teacups and remember that a mug’s personality is in its grippability.
6. Coffee has no rules. Prepare according to preference.
7. Curl up with your book, pet, coffee, and blanket. Breathe deeply. Watch the leaves flutter. Read (or write) for hours.**
* It’s extremely important to avoid placing these items exactly in your chosen spot of comfort as the cat(s) or dog will claim them.
** The cat(s) should investigate the moment they detect their human’s comfort. If not, grab cat(s) at first opportunity and attempt to convince them to purr. (Dogs require no convincing.)
Keep U.P. Alive
Unsolicited Press is a beast that runs on good energy and dedicated editors and staff. Your donation helps pay these folks when books don't sell or we just break even. You see, our staff doesn't get paid until the bills and the authors are paid -- and sometimes that means we make pennies...we don't mind it, but your support really helps keep us afloat.
Order a Book, Save AN Author
You can buy our books through our website or from any major retailer in the nation. Some retailers take longer than others to acquire our books.
Subscribe or Die
Listen to Literature
Most of our editors cherish our subscription with Audible. Right now they are offering free trials and a free audiobook. This is a great place to listen to Baxter's "The Art of Subtext." Think about it.